We have plenty of options, via our offshore services, to help you achieve growth, particularly Mutual Funds for those seeking long-term investments.Investing for the long term is a key part of wealth management and Mutual Funds are one of the most popular ways to secure your financial future.Whether you want to preserve your wealth and protect against inflation or grow your money for specific goals, they could be the ideal investment for you.
What are Mutual Funds?
- They are pooled investments, meaning that your money is added to that of other investors, allowing the fund to invest widely, spreading risk across different investments
- These can include different sectors, countries, or types of investments, and offer an easy way to access markets. Transaction costs are shared between investors in the fund and risk is diversified by investing in many areas
- Citi International Personal Bank recognises that clients want this ability to grow their wealth in a type of investment that suits their individual needs. Whether you want to limit your risk exposure, or gain access to funds that offer high growth potential, there may be a mutual fund for you
- As part of our offshore services, we have partnerships with a wide range of the leading fund management companies to give you access to over 450 global mutual funds across all sector and asset classes
Five Star Offshore Service:
- When it comes to choosing a Mutual Fund you are not alone. At Citi International Personal Bank we are proud of our excellent service levels and our Relationship Managers are all offshore investment experts, on hand to help you choose an investment strategy to suit your needs
- Experienced investors can also choose to buy and sell on a non-advisory basis if you already know what you want to trade
Who are Mutual Funds suitable for?
- People who want lots of choice about where they invest their money. They are available at all levels of risk, from low-risk Money Market funds to higher risk equity funds. Investors who are looking to grow their wealth, receive an income, or a combination of the two, as different Mutual Funds aim to achieve all of these goals to varying extents
- Those who want to make a medium to long-term investment and minimise their costs and risks by putting their money into a Mutual Fund instead of investing directly
- Anybody who wants to keep some of their wealth outside of their home country and invest through a highly regulated investment market like London or Jersey can opt for international mutual funds. Because there are so many available funds you can tailor your investment portfolio to suit your individual needs by choosing funds that exactly meet your criteria. Our wealth management service provided by your Relationship Manager will help you every step of the way
How can I invest in Mutual Funds?
- Buy or sell over the phone, email or fax, face-to-face with your Relationship Manager
- In order to benefit from our expert investment advice and begin investing in one of over 450 funds, clients must meet our minimum relationship balance requirement of at least US$200,000 (or currency equivalent)
- Once you are a client the minimum investment amount for an individual Mutual Fund is US$5,000 (or currency equivalent)
Choose from over 500 Mutual Funds
- Citi International Personal Bank allows you to choose Mutual Funds that fit your risk profile, your financial goals, preferences and your portfolio
- With over 450 funds to choose from, from money market funds to overseas mutual funds, managed by some of the world's leading fund management houses, you will be able to find a Mutual Fund that meets your international investing needs
- Your Relationship Manager will work with you, offering expert advice to help you find the funds that match your preferences
What do Mutual Funds invest in?
- You can choose from funds investing in equities, commodities or emerging markets, from sector or country specific funds to funds that invest in small, mid-size or large companies
- We also offer a range of bond funds, from low-risk short-term government bond funds to investment grade bond funds
- Mutual Funds are available at all risk levels and a fund could be the first piece in a long-term investment strategy or a product that complements your existing portfolio
- Your Relationship Manager will work with you to identify funds that best suit you
Our investment management partners
- Citi International Personal Bank has forged partnerships with the world's leading fund management companies to give you an unrivalled choice of Mutual Funds, in either Euros, US Dollars or Pounds (GBP)
- You can access our international funds. to view the investment houses accessible
Franklin Templeton Investment
The biggest challenge for most investors is finding the right mix of investments. That’s why we are pleased to now give you access to three professionally managed multi-asset funds, provided by Franklin Templeton, that offer simplicity, diversification and expertise.
Franklin NextStep Funds are all-in-one portfolios that are continually rebalanced to target the appropriate risk level, based on each fund’s investment objective.
Your Relationship Manager can help to select the fund that is right for you based on how much time you have to invest and your tolerance for risk.
Franklin NextStep Funds take diversification to a new level. That’s because each Franklin NextStep Fund is a multi-asset fund that invests in a portfolio of underlying funds. Each of these underlying funds may in turn invest in equities, bonds and/or alternative investments. The result is three portfolios that are invested broadly across fund managers, asset classes and countries. By diversifying with a variety of investments your portfolio’s overall investment returns will generally have a smoother ride.
Franklin NextStep Funds portfolio management team takes a proactive, risk-aware approach. This means that along with carefully analysing current market conditions, they constantly research and adjust the underlying funds as they seek to take advantage of opportunities and strive to avoid unnecessary risks.
Types of Funds:
- Franklin NextStep Conservative Fund - For investors seeking to reduce market volatility or who have a shorter time period to invest
- Franklin NextStep Moderate Fund - For investors seeking long-term growth and a balanced approach to total return and risk
- Franklin NextStep Growth Fund - For investors who want strong long-term return potential and are more comfortable with a higher level of volatility
- Note - Investments are subject to risk including loss of principal, see Important Information below for further details. Terms and conditions apply
Access International Mutual Funds